This week we had 116 loaves of sandwiches, plus cookies, candy and cupcakes.
We had two loaves of peanut putter and jelly sandwiches that were not wrapped individually before being put back in the bread sleeve. Catholic charities will not accept unwrapped sandwiches so PLEASE remember to put then on individual baggies. Please see instructions below.
Just a reminder about our sandwich ministry. God bless you and keep you and your loved ones. Please consider making an extra loaf if you can, any type will do.
If you know someone that wants to join, just forward this reminder to them and ask them to e-mail me and I’ll add them to the list. Or just ask them to drive by Monday morning and bring a loaf or two, or, just drop them in the Batson Center kitchen middle fridge during Mass on Saturday or Sunday.
We have expanded this to the HS church community and friends. Please pass the word and help feed the needy.
- Buy a loaf of sliced bread for sandwiches, or two if you can afford to make more,
- buy meat and cheese (can be any kind such as peanut butter and jelly, bologna, ham, turkey, chicken, sliced cheese.)
- make the sandwiches – please NO DRESSING (mayo, butter, etc., of any kind) just the plain sandwich.
- put each sandwich individually in a sandwich bag, foil or plastic wrapper – unwrapped sandwiches can not be accepted.
- put all the sandwich bags back in the plastic sleeve the bread came in and tie the bag back with a twist tie so sandwiches can stay in the bag.
- PLEASE TAG ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SLEEVE WHICH TYPE OF SANDWICH IT IS. PB&J, Ham and cheese, bologna and cheese, etc.
- bring the sandwiches to the Holy Spirit parking lot between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM Monday morning. Address is 2300 Hickory Crest Dr. Memphis, TN 38119.
- You can also drop them off after Mass at the middle fridge in the Batson Center Kitchen. Make sure you label the sleeve with the contents
I think that this is a great charitable contribution to those in most need in our city.
I have created a sign up with Sign-up Genius so you can go in and give us a heads up as to what you will bring. If you do not do sign up, just show up with your donation. I will send an e-mail out every week with a reminder. If you want to be reminded, send me your e-mail.
Bless you all for your kindness and if you can not participate, please keep our city and our church in your prayers.
If you have any questions, please call me.